Employment at Capstone Treatment Center
A Few Words from our Founder, Adrian Hickmon, Ph.D.:
Capstone Treatment Center was established in 2001 with the goal of developing a program to effectively meet the needs of families whose sons struggle with life-changing problems. These challenges include addictions to drugs, alcohol, pornography, high-risk sexual behaviors, gaming, etc.; trauma from sexual abuse, physical abuse, deaths of loved ones, relinquishment, parents’ divorce, etc.; spiritual struggles; family problems; apathy; defiance and more.
Since that time, God has blessed the Capstone team with the honor of working with many wonderful families from all over the United States. We have been blessed with much success. Today our number-one referral source is our alumni – almost fifty percent of alumni-referred families who send in an online assessment decide to admit their sons to Capstone. First and foremost, this has been accomplished through the power and grace of Jesus Christ, to whom we give thanks and praise. Second, it has taken a strong commitment to excellence in work ethic, skill development, staff development, facilities and programming.
Every person that works as a full-time employee and team member of Capstone is a committed Christian. Our Christian character is the muscle behind the Capstone experience, and the driving force in the successful implementation of our therapy services.
We call our therapy approach the Core Model. The Core Model is an integrated systems model that includes all dimensions of existence: past, present, future, the divine, the spiritual, the biological, the relational and interpersonal neurobiology. It is not a model-driven model, but instead an issue-driven one that incorporates specialized training in family therapy, marital therapy, multiple addictions and trauma. Our therapists become certified in the following: CSAT – Certified Sexual Abuse Therapist, CMAT – Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist (emphasis in Chemical Addiction), EMDR I and II – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, and CTT – Certified Trauma Therapist.
We have deep respect for Capstone parents because the vast majority have given three things in the parenting of their sons: great effort, pure intention and deep love. Capstone does not see people in crisis as crazy, evil or stupid, but instead as fellow travelers in this journey of human life in which we share a common struggle. We live in the midst of a spiritual war between good and evil.
In the words of Wendel Ray, Ph.D., one of the best teachers I ever had: “People do the best they can with what they know … Nobody ever wakes up and says, ‘I think I’ll screw up my life today’ … What makes this make sense? There is a set of answers out there to be discovered.” “This” refers to the client and/or the family’s relationships, attitudes, emotions and behaviors. In other words, how did this situation come to be? The discovery of these answers is what drives the therapy.
The foundation of the Core Model is Christian Intimacy Theory, which holds that every person is created in the image of God to love and be loved at a core-to-core level of intimacy with God, self, family and friends. From this base, our aim is to find and develop our talents to do the “good works” that God prepared before creation for us to do, thereby fulfilling the Dreams of God. Anything that threatens this fulfillment is our therapeutic focus.
Capstone provides employees with the following:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Health Insurance
- A great team of coworkers
- A wonderful mission
- An aerobic pace
- Paid vacation
- For our clinical staff:
- Up to 5 hours of optional private practice per week after 5:00 p.m.
- Paid trainings for CSAT, CMAT, EMDR I & II, CTT
- Paid supervision for LMFT and/or LPC licensure
Capstone expects the following from each employee:
- Christian character
- Hard work ethic
- “Finish strong” nature
- Positive attitude
- Intrinsic motivation
- Teamwork capabilities
- Dependability in all aspects of the job
It is preferable for therapy-staff applicants to be licensed either as an LPC or an LMFT. Salary is commensurate with licensure, experience, and certifications.
For non-therapy staff, a four-year degree is preferred. For an adventure guide, a bachelor’s degree in outdoor leadership is preferred.
If you fit the above description, I invite you to fill out our application form and submit it along with your resumé.
Adrian Hickmon, Ph.D.
Capstone Treatment Center
The Client Life Coordinator works to assist the Administrative department in organizing and carrying out the daily functions of Capstone Treatment Center. The Client Life Coordinator must have good organization and time management skills, have a working knowledge of the daily functions of Capstone Treatment Center, be detail oriented, and possess the skills necessary to create and manage scheduling and communication both to and from all Capstone staff. This position plays a vital part in the daily functions of Capstone Treatment Center.
Essential Job Functions
- Create daily schedule; communicate with staff regarding all scheduling details, conflicts, etc.
- Maintain inventory/med log of client medications and OTC medications; Communicate with parents/physicians/pharmacists/staff regarding all medication related needs
- Maintain bio-waste
- Distribute Muscle Milk lists
- Assist in answering the phone and fielding calls
- Assist in the search and labeling process for new admissions; Takes photo of client at admission for file and med log purposes
- Attend vacation meetings and assist with approving time off; Update calendar daily to reflect sick related absences
- Run errands, i.e., pharmacy, post office, UPS, Sam’s Club, FedEx, Staples
- Inventory and manage/stock supply closet
- Assist in coordinating Reunions
- Coordinate trips to Sam’s Club for supplies
- Prepare for Big Monday
Non-essential Job Functions
- Aid in other necessary areas when needed
- Assist in food preparation
- Assist in Housekeeping and Laundry
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Courteous, Organized, and self-motivated
- Capable of maintaining good working relations among personnel, clients, and families
- Excellent Verbal, Written and Communication Skills
- Ability to work Independently
- Computer skills